I suggest you ...

Proper implementation of Live Tile functionality

1. Small, Medium and Wide tile: Just the app tile, no Live Tile.
2. Small, Medium: Normal icon tile, but with unread article counter
3. Medium, Wide, Front AND Back tile: Preview of the latest article.
4. Medium, Wide, Front AND Back tile: Keep the current implementation of showing the latest 3 articles.
5. Keep the default Pink color for the color. Keep the brand alive !
6. Option to make the tile transparent.
7. Option to choose a custom color for the tile.

214 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CryioCryio shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CosminCosmin commented  · 

Today I have updated the application on my Lukia 950 XL to version 1.3.1. I have a wide live tile pinned on my start screen. In application's settings I have enabled live tile feature. However my live tile is not automatically updated (I still have to open the app to see the latest articles) and I have no counter for new articles.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Live tile does not refresh until the app is opened.

• Greg EdwardsGreg Edwards commented  · 

Show the app name at the bottom of the tile in all sizes except for small.

• CosminCosmin commented  · 

I have updated to the latest version of this app my Lumia 950 XL and still the live tile is not displaying the newest articles. It cycles through the articles that I viewed during my last session. It is extremely annoying to have to open the app just to check if there are new articles or not.

I have used the app for WP 8.1 on Lumia 1020. The live tile functionality in that app is much better implemented than what you have implemented in the app for Windows 10 mobile.

I'm also missing the "new articles counter" from live tile that was present in WP8.1 version.

Right now having the tile pinned to the start screen is meaningless because I need to open the app anyway just to view the newest articles. If I'm removing the live tile completely from my start screen I won't be loosing anything.

• David FriedrichDavid Friedrich commented  · 

Having the functionality of the Live Tile Customization feature from the Windows Central app for Windows Phone 8.1 would probably be the best way to rework the UWP app's Live Tiles.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Now end of June and still no working live tile

• JujuJuju commented  · 

Can you make the text smaller on live tiles? Its a bit bigger compared to other news apps. The text should be as big as the tile name. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

What is the problem guys!!! People have been posting that live tile is not working in this new build so Why can you not fix it already!!! Worked fine in old build. Why not give us option to use old build til you have time and energy to fix THIS ONE!!!

• doubleJdoubleJ commented  · 

Tile still doesn't update, unless you open the app.
        The background task should grab new content, every hour.

• Nikolaos ChristoforidisNikolaos Christoforidis commented  · 

It's 29th of march and still nothing.
        Is it so difficult to make a live tile with unread articles

• TheodoorTheodoor commented  · 

Yes, please make it so :-)
        My priority: 4 & 5

• Anonymous commented  · 

Live tile does not work. It only refreshes after it's opened which kinda defeats the point.

• KAVIRAJKAVIRAJ commented  · 

Live tile only works as long as the app is open. When I close it the tile turns blank again. Add unread article counter then Needs some more optimization to the app

• Anonymous commented  · 

Live tile only works as long as the app is open. When I close it the tile turns blank again. But only since built 23. Worked in the one before.

• SamSam commented  · 

Idk what it is but the live tile is just not working for me (on lumia 950xl).

But really want an Unread Live Title counter.

• aXrossaXross commented  · 

This! We need customization implementation for Live Tile.

Also just like the other said, we need an Unread Live Tile counter for those who don't want having detailed Live Tile.

I want to add suggestion to have some details related to profile too. Like it will show unread comment replies notification, profile photo, username (of course), and likes received recently.

• PabloPablo commented  · 

The counter of the live tile is missing! This functionality is necessary in the app if you want to know how many articles unread are

• procenprocen commented  · 

Live tile on and off working, and notification always default to disable even I enable it.

• KevKev commented  · 

Show new unread number of articles. Like the old version. Like John says!

• JohnJohn commented  · 

I would love a counter for the live tile. Not a fan of the preview, just a number of how many new articles there are.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base